| 06-04-2016 | BY LUXURY LIVING | ACHIEVING DESIRES |
Are you after a certain space for a true wine cellar?
Melbourne wine lovers are beginning to popularise their admiration by exposing their fascination and creating their very own custom designed wine areas for their new homes.
During design stages and getting to know our clients, Luxury Living has found there a 3 common wine typologies, which one are you?
THE SERIOUS COLLECTOR
- Fresh air flow
- Consistent temperature of 14OC
- Humidity between 65-75%
- UV-free lighting
Here are our Luxury Living top tips to achieving your perfect wine cellar;
- Get creative – Cellars do not have to be underground, nor are they cool all year round by being underground.
- Pick your wine rack storage smartly (functionality is key).
- If your serious about your wine then be sure to select a door that is technically appropriate, remember air flow is required (so sealed doors are a no no).
- Planning and research will save you. Choose the insulation and materials adequately before construction (planning and research will save you)
- Decide on the ideal Climate Control equipment, this is important to consistently keep the temperature and humidity needed in a wine cellar.
Luxury Living hope you are feeling inspired to research and plan for your desired, perfect and functional wine cellar.
Stay tuned for the next edition from Luxury Living.